Price on request
The Saturn 1 is a galvanometer-based optical scanning system, designed to achieve the highest RMS performance of any scanner in the 1mm to 4mm aperture range. It is designed for applications such as optical coherence tomography (OCT), confocal microscopy, small beam-laser marking, laser entertainment displays, optical layout templates and raster image projections.
Features of the Saturn 1 Galvanometer
- The Saturn 1 optical scanner has a low coil resistance that allows it to achieve the highest acceleration and RMS duty cycles without production of excess heat inside the galvo.
- Due to the low inertia rotor assembly and special bearing materials, the Saturn 1 boasts the highest peak torque-constant-to-inertia ratio of any moving magnet galvanometer available.
- With our patented X3 magnetic circuit the Saturn 1 reaches scanning speeds of 5kHz small signal bandwidth with far less drive power and heat generation than before. Systems achieving 7.5kHz small signal bandwidth are routinely delivered to clients.
- Our patented position sensor design allows for wide-angle scanning up to 110 degrees optical with high output and low noise.
The Saturn 1 incorporates all the design features of the ScannerMAX Saturn series, including a half-inch round body diameter, back supporting mirror mount design, high-output and low-noise position detector. In combination with our MachDSP digital servo driver we are able to achieve performance greater than other similar galvanometers. We also offer coil configurations optimized for certain imaging applications and reduced heat scenarios.
|Optimal Mirror Size:||1mm-4mm|
|Rotation Angle (1):||+\- 27.5 Degrees|
|Rotor Inertia:||0.010 Gram*Centimeter2|
|Torque Constant:||18500 Dyne*Centimeters per Ampere|
|Maximum Coil Temperature:||110 degrees Celsius|
|Thermal Resistance, Coil to Mount:||1.5 degrees Celsius per Watt|
|Coil Resistance:||1.8 Ohms|
|Coil Inductance:||100 μh|
|Back EMF Voltage (1):||32.3 μV per degree per second|
|Peak Current:||20 Amperes, Maximum|
|RMS Current:||3.75 Amperes at Tcase of 50°C|
|Power Handling Capacity:||33 Watts at Tmount of 50°C|
|Small Angle Step Response:||90 μS with ScannerMAX 3mm mirror set|
|PD Linearity over 20 degrees p-p:||99.9 % Minimum|
|PD Linearity over 40 degrees p-p:||99.5 % Typical|
|PD Output Signal (Common Mode):||600 μA (at 20mA LED current)|
|PD Output Signal (Differential Mode):||43.6 μA perdegree (at 20mA LED current)|
- Angular specifications are in mechanical degrees. For most applications, optical angle = 2x mechanical angle.
Specifications are at a temperature of 25° C. All mechanical and electrical specifications are +/-10%.