SATURN 9 SYSTEM
Price on request
The Saturn 9 is a galvanometer-based optical scanning system designed to quickly move beams in the 8mm to 10mm aperture range. It is designed to fulfill the demands of projection and imaging applications such as laser entertainment displays; as well as LIDAR systems, laser marking and material processing systems.
Features of the Saturn 9
- The Saturn 9 system has a low coil resistance, intense magnetic field strength and low rotor inertia, giving it the highest RMS-torque-to-inertia ratio of any scanner capable of moving a 10mm beam.
- Its construction, due to our patented X3 magnetic circuit makes the Saturn 9 boast an air gap flux density of over 14,000 Gauss.
- The Saturn 9 system is capable of moving a 10mm beam through an optical angle of 40° at a frequency of over 500Hz with a sinusoidal drive. With the same beam, step response time can be as fast as 300µs for a small optical step and 1ms for a 40° optical step, easily delivering scanning speeds of 2.5kHz small signal bandwidth.
- Our patented position sensor design allows for wide-angle scanning up to 110 degrees optical with high output and low noise.
The Saturn 9 system incorporates all the design features of the ScannerMAX Saturn series, including a half-inch round body diameter, back supporting mirror mount design, high-output and low-noise position detector, and in combination with our MachDSP digital servo driver we are able to achieve performance greater than other competitive galvanometers. In addition, we have versions of coil configurations optimized for either small-signal or large signal applications.
|Optimal Mirror Size:||8mm – 10mm|
|Rotation Angle (1):||+\- 27.5 Degrees|
|Rotor Inertia:||0.032 Gram*Centimeter2|
|Torque Constant:||41000 Dyne*Centimeters per Ampere|
|Maximum Coil Temperature:||110 degrees Celsius|
|Thermal Resistance, Coil to Mount:||0.7 degrees Celsius per Watt, Maximum|
|Coil Resistance:||1.65 Ohms|
|Coil Inductance:||130 μh|
|Back EMF Voltage (1):||71.6 μV per degree per second|
|Peak Current:||25 Amperes, Maximum|
|RMS Current:||5.7 Amperes at Tcase of 50°C|
|Power Handling Capacity:||72 Watts at Tmount of 50°C|
|Small Angle Step Response:||300 μS with ScannerMAX 3mm mirror set|
|PD Linearity over 20 degrees p-p(1):||99.9 % Minimum|
|PD Linearity over 40 degrees p-p(1):||99.5 % Typical|
|PD Output Signal (Common Mode)(1):||600 μA (at 20mA LED current)|
|PD Output Signal (Differential Mode)(1):||43.6 μA perdegree (at 20mA LED current)|
- Angular specifications are in mechanical degrees. For most applications, optical angle = 2x mechanical angle.
Specifications are at a temperature of 25° C. All mechanical and electrical specifications are +/-10%.