Price on request
The Saturn 5 is a galvanometer-based optical scanning system, designed to meet the high acceleration and high RMS duty cycle demands in the 4mm to 6mm aperture range. It is designed to fulfill the demands of projection and imaging applications such as laser entertainment displays, raster imaging, Confocal Microscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
Features of the Saturn 5 Series
- The Saturn 5 system has a low coil resistance, intense magnetic field strength and low rotor inertia, giving it the highest RMS-torque-to-inertia ratio of any commercially available galvo scanner capable of moving a 5mm beam.
- Its construction, due to our patented X3 magnetic circuit makes the Saturn 5 system boast an air gap flux density of over 14,000 Gauss.
- The Saturn 5 system is capable of moving a 5mm beam through an optical angle of 40° at a frequency of over 1kHz with a sinusoidal drive. With the same beam, step response time can be as fast as 120µs for a small optical step and 600µs for a 60° optical step, easily delivering scanning speeds of 5kHz small signal bandwidth.
- Our patented position sensor design allows for wide-angle scanning up to 110 degrees optical with high output and low noise.
The Saturn 5 system incorporates all the design features of the ScannerMAX Saturn series, including a half-inch round body diameter, back supporting mirror mount design, high-output and low-noise position detector. In combination with our MachDSP digital servo driver we are able to achieve performance greater than other similar galvanometers. We also offer coil configurations optimized for certain imaging applications and reduced heat scenarios.
|Optimal Mirror Size:||4mm – 6mm|
|Rotation Angle (1):||+\- 27.5 Degrees|
|Rotor Inertia:||0.026 Gram*Centimeters2|
|Torque Constant:||36000 Dyne*Centimeters per Ampere|
|Maximum Coil Temperature:||110 degrees Celsius|
|Thermal Resistance, Coil to Mount:||0.9 degrees Celsius per Watt, Maximum|
|Coil Resistance:||1.95 Ohms|
|Coil Inductance:||135 μh|
|Back EMF Voltage (1):||62.8 μV per degree per second|
|Peak Current:||25 Amperes, Maximum|
|RMS Current:||4.7 Amperes at Tcase of 50°C|
|Power Handling Capacity:||55 Watts at Tmount of 50°C|
|Small Angle Step Response:||140 μS with ScannerMAX 3mm mirror set|
|PD Linearity over 20 degrees p-p(1):||99.9 % Minimum|
|PD Linearity over 40 degrees p-p(1):||99.5 % Typical|
|PD Output Signal (Common Mode)(1):||600 μA (at 20mA LED current)|
|PD Output Signal (Differential Mode)(1):||43.6 μA perdegree (at 20mA LED current)|
- Angular specifications are in mechanical degrees. For most applications, optical angle = 2x mechanical angle.
Specifications are at a temperature of 25° C. All mechanical and electrical specifications are +/-10%.