Price on request
The Compact-506 is a galvanometer-based optical scanning system designed to be small package sized, low-cost, light weight and versatile galvo scanner. It is particularly suited for applications such as 3D printers, LIDAR systems, portable displays and handheld medical devices. The construction allows the Compact-506 galvo to move small mirrors as well as unusually large mirrors, beyond 1 inch in diameter, without a notch filter in the servo or a complicated servo loop.
Features of the Compact-506 Series
- The Compact-506 optical scanner has a very low coil resistance that allows it to achieve exceptionally fast speed without production excess heat inside the galvo.
- Our patented position sensor design produces ten times the signal-to-noise ratio thus offering exceptionally high-quality motion.
- It is available in two separate configurations: one that is compatible with conventional analog servo drivers; and one that is compatible with our MachDSP digital servo driver that offers better linearity.
- Built into the design, the mirror position is restored to a central rotation angle when power is removed, due to a magnetic-spring-return action.
All though we offer our own servo drivers, the Compact-506 galvo will work with a third-party servo-amplifier. This helps bring the overall cost of a complete galvo system down dramatically. If you have an existing servo-amplifier or wish to incorporate your own design as part of your product, we can offer you the Compact-506 galvos by themselves and work with you to incorporate your existing design.
|Optimal Mirror Size:||Up to 1 inch in diameter|
|Rotation Angle:||+\-25 Degrees|
|Rotor Inertia:||0.014 Gram*Centimeter2|
|Torque Constant:||18,400 Dyne*Centimeters per Ampere|
|Maximum Coil Temperature:||100 degrees Celsius|
|Thermal Resistance, Coil to Mount:||5.6 degrees Celsius per Watt, typical|
|Coil Resistance:||1.8 Ohms|
|Coil Inductance:||280 μh|
|Back EMF Voltage:||32.1 μV per degree per second|
|Peak Current:||10 Amperes, Maximum|
|RMS Current:||2 Amperes at Tmount of 50°C|
|Power Handling Capacity:||9 Watts at Tmount of 50°C|
|Small Angle Step Response:||150 μS with ScannerMAX 3mm mirror set|
|PD Linearity over 20 degrees(1):||99.5 % Minimum|
|PD Output Signal (Common Mode)(1):||300 μA (at 20mA LED current)|
|PD Output Signal (Differential Mode)(1):||20 μA perdegree (at 20mA LED current)|
- Angular specifications are in mechanical degrees. For most applications, optical angle = 2x mechanical angle.
- Compact 506 can easily be fabricated with alternative coil configurations to achieve different specifications. Please contact us if you have different coil resistance, inductance, torque, current or connector requirements.
Specifications are at a temperature of 25° C. All mechanical and electrical specifications are +/-10%.