Price on request
The VRAD-506 actuator is a very compact, galvanometer style, limited rotation Versatile Rotary Actuator Device featuring a magnetic spring return, wide-angle capability, and linear angle-versus-current profile. Suited for applications such as optical element positioning, fluid valve actuator, air damper/door actuator and optical beam chopper/shutter.
Features of the VRAD-506 Series
- The VRAD 506 actuator provides more than +/-25 mechanical degrees of rotation with only +/-5 volts applied to a single coil or to the series combination of coils.
- The high coil resistance allows for low power consumption, and access to two individual drive coils allows flexible single-supply unidirectional or bidirectional operation as well as dual-supply operation.
- In addition, each coil has a resistance of 26 ohms and an inductance of approximately 2.35 millihenry. The series combination of coils has only 52 ohms, yet nearly 3 times the inductance of a single coil, 6.6 millihenry at 1kHz.
- An internal rear shaft allows for use of an encoder or position sensor for closed loop operation.
|Rotation Angle (1):||+\- 20 Degrees|
|Torque Constant (2):||84000 Dyne*Centimeters per Ampere|
|Magnetic Spring Stiffness (3):||280 Dyne*Centimeters per degree|
|Rotor Inertia:||0.018 Gram*Centimeter2|
|Coil Resistance(5):||52 Ohms (coils in series)|
|Coil Inductance(5):||6.6mH at 1kHz (coils in series)|
|Maximum current(6):||0.5 Amp per coil|
|Angle vs. Current Linearity:||90% over +/-45 degrees peak-to-peak|
|Angle vs. Current Sensitivity(7):||3.34mA per degree (coils in series)|
|Temperature coefficient of sensitivity:||+0.14% per °C|
|Angular position hysteresis:||+/- 1 Mechanical degrees maximum|
|Maximum internal temperature(8):||80°C|
|Thermal resistance with heatsink(9):||12°C per Watt|
|Thermal resistance without heatsink:||48°C per Watt|
|DC Power at +/-20 degrees:||0.25 Watts (3.6V series; 1.8V parallel)|
|DC Power at +/-40 degrees:||1.2 Watts (8V series; 4V parallel)|
|DC Power at +/-50 degrees:||2.8 Watts (12V series; 6V parallel)|
|Dielectric Strength:||1000 VRMS|
|Life cycles(10):||1010 Cycles|
- There is no mechanical stop mechanism preventing further rotation, and the actuator may be used with angles well over +/- 45 mechanical degrees with some sacrifice in angle-versus-current linearity.
- Torque Factor depends on the shaft rotation angle.
- Magnetic spring stiffness depends on the shaft rotation angle and the model of the actuator.
- Since Magnetic Spring Stiffness depends on angle, Natural Frequency also has some minor dependence on angle. Natural frequency is thus specified for small angles.
- Coil resistance and inductance depend on whether coils are connected in series, in parallel, or used independently.
- It is not recommended to operate the actuator continuously with greater than 0.2 amps per coil without a heat sink.
- Angle vs. Current operation assumes that there is no static load and that the actuator is merely used to move a flag, mirror, or other element suspended from the actuator shaft.
- The actuator should survive operation over 100°C, but it is not recommended to exceed 80°C on a repeated basis.
- Heat sink must be clamped around the actuator to meet the specification above.
- Life cycles are only limited by bearing life. Bearings are high quality disk drive grade.
Specifications are at a temperature of 25° C. All mechanical and electrical specifications are +/-10%.